Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how Assured Effects Hypnotherapy uses and protects the information you provide when using my services and accessing this website.
I intend to ensure any data you provide is kept secure, managed respectfully and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided. This policy will be updated periodically in line with current legislation.
When you contact me via my website, phone or email I will collect your:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry
How is this information used?
I use this information in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements. I may also use this information so that I may improve my services.
I will ask you on your consent form to tick a box if you wish to receive promotional/ further information about services I may offer in the future, or about well being in general. If you do not tick this box I will not contact you for these purposes.
I will ask you for your GP contact details and some basic health information: there are some conditions that are contra indicated for hypnotherapy and sometimes there are circumstance where it may be necessary to contact your GP before commencing therapy. I will inform you of this at our appointment should this appear appropriate.
You do not have to consent to the collection of information, however, if you choose not to provide it, I may not be able to work with you.
At the commencement of our sessions:
I will ask for your email address for the purposes of sending you a recording to listen to as part of the therapy. It may also be necessary to send emails to confirm or rearrange appointments.
I will make a note of information you provide me in order that we can plan bespoke therapy sessions and identify/produce scripts which will be used in session and/or which can be sent to you to listen to between sessions.
For the purposes of clarity, I do not receive or retain your bank details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from May 2018 you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy)
- the right of access: if you wish to see your file then please make a request by email to email@example.com, the Data Processor. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request.
- the right to rectification: this is your right to request changes to any information I hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information I hold on you is incorrect then please let me know as soon as possible and I will make the relevant changes.
- the right to erasure: given the nature of our work I am required to hold your details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed
- the right to restrict processing: I will only use the information for the purposes that I have stated above. I uphold the common law principles of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in my opinion as a therapist there is good reason to believe not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others then your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality.
- the right to data portability: this right is more relevant to IT companies e.g. the sharing of information when moving from one utility provider to another. I will not share your information without your specific consent, other than in the situations described above.
- the right to object: I will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given me specific consent to do so.
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling: I will not use your information for profiling purposes.
Cookies are small files which ask your permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that it can analyse web traffic to my website.
Through this I can see which of my website’s pages are being viewed.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find that you cannot make full use of my website.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest.
However, once you use these links please be aware that you have left my website and I do not have any control over other websites.
Please exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you are visiting.
ICO Registration No: ZA371392